Garmin® Goes to Sun ‘n Fun with New Products, Services and Rebates
Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, announced several new offerings in conjunction with the Sun ‘n Fun Fly-In and Expo.
- Bundled database pricing for the GPSMAP® 495/496 and GPSMAP 695/696 will save customers up to 50 percent annually on database updates and will be available beginning the week of Sun ‘n Fun 2010. Other product database bundles are expected to be available in the future.
- New SVX™ synthetic vision upgrade for the G300 and G3X™, the avionic platforms for Cessna’s Skycatcher and other experimental and light sport aircraft, respectively. SVX™ will be included with newly purchased G300 and G3X systems, and will be available as a complimentary download for those who are already flying with these glass cockpit suites. It will be available beginning the week of Sun ‘n Fun 2010.
- Pilot My-Cast℠ by Garmin is now available in the Android market for smartphones running on the Android™ platform. Pilot My-Cast by Garmin is a premium mobile phone aviation weather, flight planning and flight filing application exclusively for customers in the U.S. and Canada. It is also available on popular phone models such as BlackBerry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile.
- G600/G500 PC training software is available at Garmin.com for free. The G600/G500 PC software includes Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT™) and FliteCharts®, and is designed to help customers gain familiarity with their avionics before take-off.
- Up to $6,000 in bonus purchase rebates are now available with the purchase of a new G600, G500 and other avionics. Purchases must be made between now and June 30, 2010.
- Limited time rebates are available for the GTS 800, 820 and 850 traffic systems. Customers can save $750, $1000 and $1250, respectively, on purchases made between now and June 30, 2010.
About Garmin International Inc.
Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation. Since 1989, this group of companies has designed, manufactured, marketed and sold navigation, communication and information devices and applications – most of which are enabled by GPS technology. Garmin’s products serve automotive, mobile, wireless, outdoor recreation, marine, aviation, and OEM applications. Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in the Cayman Islands, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at www.garmin.com/pressroom or contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200. Garmin, GPSMAP and FliteCharts are registered trademarks, and SVT, SVX and G3X are trademarks, and My-Cast is a registered service mark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Notice on forward-looking statements:
This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. All statements regarding the company’s future product introductions are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on management's current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 26, 2009, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of Garmin’s Form 10-K can be downloaded at www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.